. Last Updated: 04 January 2012Hits: 36331

1. How does one apply for a job to the IMR?
The IMR is a government agency under the Ministry of Health. Therefore, applications for permanent and contract positions to the IMR should be made through the public service commission / Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam (SPA). There may however be a direct intake to the IMR for the temporary post of assistant researcher which is advertised whenever this service is required.

2. Is the public able to receive diagnostic services directly from the IMR?
The IMR does not provide diagnostic services directly to the public. Diagnostic services are provided only as specified or referred from by hospitals, clinics, health offices or government agency laboratories. Certain diagnostic services are provided to the private sector with specified fees. Kindly refer to the IMR Handbook for further details.

3. How do students of higher education apply for internship to the IMR?
With effect from 2012, the IMR will temporarily halt its internship programme until further notice.