Objectives of Biomedical Epidemiology Unit
- To conduct epidemiological research on communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- To conduct collaborative projects in biomedical studies with other research centres within the IMR, other research institutions in the NIH, other departments in the Ministry of Health, and other ministries.
- To provide training in epidemiology and statistical analysis in medical research for IMR staff and other institutions within the Ministry of Health.
- To provide professional consultation in epidemiology and biostatistics to researchers in the IMR and other institutions within the Ministry of Health.
- To provide support in the investigation of disease outbreaks as and when required by the Ministry of Health.